Welcome to the East Harriet Neighborhood
East Harriet is bordered by 36th Street on the north and 46th Street to the south. Lyndale Avenue is the eastern boundary; Lake Harriet and Lakewood Cemetery largely make up the western border of the neighborhood. In addition to these Minneapolis landmarks, Lyndale Park Gardens and Rose Gardens, the Thomas Sadler Roberts Bird Sanctuary are located within East Harriet. Many houses in the neighborhood are two-story homes, set back from the streets.
Annual Meeting & Fall Festival Saturday, Sept 23 11 am - 4 pm
The East Harriet Farmstead Neighborhood Association (EHFNA) annual meeting will be held on Saturday, September 23 from 11 am to Noon on W 41st Street between Lyndale Ave and Aldrich (under the white canopy).
The annual meeting agenda will include three topics:
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB) Presentation. The MPRB will present proposed plans for the 2018 upgrades to the Lyndale Farmstead Park building. This is your opportunity to view and weigh in on your neighborhood park building ideas.
- Neighborhood Vote on NRP Funds. East Harriet has $334,000 to reinvest in the neighborhood. The available funds originate from the City Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) Phase I & II created by the neighborhood in the mid 1990's and 2000's. The EHFNA Board has voted on a plan to use the money based on feed back from focus groups conducted this past year. Come to the meeting to hear about and vote on the plans.
- Board Elections. The neighborhood will be voting to elect board members to serve from November 2017 to November 2019. Renters, homeowners, business owners and students (over 18) are eligible to serve. If you are interested, contact: Melissa Gould at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers make neighborhood events happen! East Harriet needs your help with the children's activities to fill 10 volunteer spots at the 2017 Fall Fest on Saturday, September 23.
Volunteers will receive a free drink (beer or pop) or a kid's wrist band for volunteering one shift /one hour. If you can spare two shifts or two hours, you will receive a complimentary meal with choice of beverage being served by Harriet's Inn at the festival. As a volunteer your name will be entered into a drawing for a Harriet's Inn gift card.
Here are a few ways to respond to this call for volunteers:
- Go to East Harriet Neighborhood Fall Fest Volunteer page and complete the volunteer form (bottom of the web page) by selecting the event and shift of your choice and click submit.
- Email email@example.com or call 612.824.9350.
East Harriet Neighborhood Block Committee:
Jenny Taplin, Karen Heintz, Jean Krantz-Swenson, Melissa Gould, Ron Lagerquist and Deb Schirber
Mayoral Candidate Forum Sponsored by Southwest Business Association
Southwest Business Association (SWBA) is sponsoring Mayoral Mondays beginning Monday, Sept 11 through October 9 to discuss the future of small businesses in the City. There will be time set aside for additional questions. The forums will be held on nine Mondays from 6 – 7 pm at Whole Sum Kitchens, 50th & Bryant Ave S.
Candidates & Dates
Sept 11 – Hoch
Sept 18 – Rahman
Sept 25 – Hodges
Oct 2 – Frey
Oct 9 - Levy-Pounds
Oct 16 – Dehn (tentative)
Upcoming EHFNA Meetings
Next Board Meeting
Saturday, September 23, 2017
11 am to Noon
Under the White Canopy
W 41st St Between Lyndale & Aldrich Ave S
NO OCTOBER MEETING
East Harriet welcomes all residents to attend. Should you require an accommodation in order to participate, please let us know 10 days prior to the meeting date by emailing, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming EHFNA Committee Meetings:
TBA Community Building, Parks & Environment, 7-8:30pm | Location TBA
Tues., Sept 18, Crime, Safety, Transportation & Noise, 7-8pm | Location TBD
Tues., Sept 26: Housing, Zoning, Business & Schools, 7-8pm | Location TBA
For Email Marketing you can trust
Community Gathering Space